Friday, November 23, 2012

And - we're clear. (iCarly Finale TV Review)

Okay. Okay okay okay okay okay. Okay. Okay? No. Not okay.

Around an hour and a half ago, the very last iCarly episode aired on Nickelodeon in the east coast, concluding five seasons of a phenomenal show directed by Dan Schneider, who also directed Drake and Josh, Zoey 101, and Victorious - three more favorite shows of mine. When all three ended, I was alright. D&J was a big smack in the face for me at first, but I got over it quickly. Zoey 101 was a little abrupt, but after watching a few reruns, I couldn't care less. And for Victorious, well - I didn't get that into it, so I wasn't that affected when I found out it ended. In fact, I'm not even sure if I cared at all.

But iCarly has stuck around with me for, what, since second grade? I remember watching it live on my dad's birthday. The next day, everyone was talking about it at lunch and telling each other their opinions. I had immediately fallen in love with the show. I never missed an episode. (Of course, now that I'm older, I still have a few episodes I've missed, which will help me relieve the HORRENDOUS AND MONSTROUS FEELING I HAVE IN MY GUT. But we'll talk about that later.)

Sitting down to watch the last iCarly - iGoodbye - was like sitting down to watch a best friend jump off a cliff to her death. Or, well, at least jump off a cliff to become severely injured. Considering that the show has - had (cringe) - been around since I was seven years old. Seven. Years. Old. And then it was just ending in front of me and I was like WHAT IS GOING ON IN MY LIFE I DON'T UNDERSTAND.

But anyway, I should probably get on with it so I can go obsess over the old episodes on Netflix and things like that. (I was on the iCarly website ten minutes before I opened up Blogger to write this.) From this point on, THERE WILL BE SPOILERS! Beware!

Okay, first of all, Sam. Sam was awesome. She was just. Wow. Just wow. She was just so Sam. That's the only way to describe her. I absolutely adore Jennette McCurdy and her acting in this episode was awesome. Just. Just awesome. I can't.

Spencer Shay/Jerry Trainor was amazing!!! I've always loved Spencer and he completely developed in this episode. I know I'm over stressing this episode, but everyone just changed in this finale and I'm just blurting everything on my mind! He went from setting things on fire and never being serious to being serious when he knows seriousness is needed...but he still set something on fire...

FREDDIE!!!!!! WHY DO YOU SPEAK SPANISH!?!?!?!? Also, your purse made me laugh really hard. And the fact you have a phablet the size of your head, but you know, whatever.

Gibby and T-Bo were cool, too. In the beginning of the series, Gibby wasn't a very big character. Later on, he showed up as a main character in the intro and I freaked out! I was so happy. I was really disappointed when he didn't go Gibbehhhh and take off his shirt at the end, though. And I love T-Bo! I knew I'd like him when he first appeared in an episode. And the fact he can put tacos on sticks? Mind = Blown.

JDKFJSHAKJFHDKJSAHFKSDHFKHIRETHFDJK. Mr. Shay finally appeared. I flipped out. He didn't look the way I imagined him, but he sounded the way I imagined him, which was weird. And speaking of appearances, what about Socko? What the heck? Dan Schneider is such a troll. (Not as big of a troll as Steven Moffat, though. Steven Moffat is the biggest writer-director troll in the universe.)

Mrs. Briggs appeared again, too. That made me smile. And Sam and Carly, they did it! They did the thing! Like, the thing! (The whole pointy joke they did in the first episode? iPilot? Yeah? Okay, I'll shut up now...)

And finally, Carly Shay/Miranda Cosgrove. She did astonishingly. I can't even. ALL HER CRYING AND HAPPINESS AND AFJASDHFKS MADE ME CRY EVEN MORE DURING THIS EPISODE. I can't. I'm sorry. Let me go wallow in a pit of my own self pity.

Last but not least (DEFINITELY NOT LEAST!!!!) are the end flashbacks. I'm sorry, but that is too much for the feels to handle. I was so emotional. Hfjdshfjkasdhfad I can't even. What is this thing you call happiness? I don't believe that I understand. And at the end, when Freddie said and - we're clear, I wasn't expecting it. I just flipped out and collapsed with all of my almighty feels.

But that's it. I guess that's it.

And - we're clear.

-Dominique

No comments:

Post a Comment