Sunday, May 27, 2012

The Avengers - Movie Review

***CAUTION: SPOILERS! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!***


The Avengers was a great movie. If I was one of those critics who rated according to stars, I would rate it five (well, 4.9) out of five stars.

The reason I'm so hesitant about rating it to the maximum is because, well, I'm not a big Marvel fan. I wasn't sure who Bruce Banner was until Tony Stark made that witty remark about him being a big green rage monster. I had to ask my sister a few questions during the movie because I wasn't sure who was who or what was going on at some points. That's why some parts didn't appeal to me as much as others.

Oh! And hey! I'm doing my IMDB research in this blog post. So...yeah. I feel professional.

Tony Stark/Iron Man was my favorite character! He may seem conceited, stubborn, biased, and overconfident...but to me, he was the wittiest character in the entire movie. All of his clever remarks made me laugh out loud. Robert Downey Jr. did an astonishing job playing as Stark in this movie.

Natasha Romanoff/The Black Widow was great as well. She was the only woman fighter and definitely one of the strongest of The Avengers. When she first appeared as hostage (I'm not sure if she was being held captive, but that was what I interpreted. Again, I am not the biggest Marvel fan), she did some epic kicks and swerves. She was epic in general.

Bruce Banner/The Hulk scared me when he first appeared. And I didn't know who he was, either, so I didn't know if he was a bad guy or not. When he screamed STOP LYING TO ME!!!!!! I nearly jumped out of my seat and dropped most of my popcorn. And then Agent Romanoff held up a gun and I was confused again. He definitely showed some of the Green Rage Monster, even before he first transformed in the movie. I couldn't stop laughing and almost started crying when he bashed around Loki in the Stark Tower. Oh, gosh, that was hilarious. Mark Ruffalo was great.

Steve Rogers/Captain America confused me. Utterly. I had no idea he was frozen for decades or something and was unfrozen and that he fought in a World War and that his shield could beat the Thor Hammer of Death or...yeah. Utter confusion. I really liked him though! He was a great Avenger. Since he was in a war, he had much experience and played a great leader.

Thor was funny, moody, and ABSOLUTELY TERRIFYING at the same time. His remark about Loki being adopted made me like him more. But his moods kept switching from mad to calm to wants-to-throw-his-hammer-at-Tony-Stark's-face. His power to summon FLIPPING LIGHTNING OUT OF THE SKY was quite the scare. I enjoyed Chris Hemsworth's performance anyway.

Clint Barton/Hawkeye seemed like a more...empty character, if you know what I mean. We didn't have much background about him, he didn't have many lines, and was hypnotized by Loki almost the entire time. He wasn't very important until The Black Widow bashed his head against a banister.

I'm still confused about Nick Fury. What happened to his other eye?

Now. Loki. Loki was an AMAZING super villain. He made me cringe and laugh and narrow my eyes and cringe some more and have spasms in my chair and adfjadsfsdTomHiddlestondidanastonishingjob. I loved Loki so much. Even though he was a terrible person. I love him like I love Bellatrix Lestrange; he's evil in a way that is just so moving. Nyaaaaaaaaah. I cannot stress out the astonishingness of Loki enough.

Overall, this movie was amazing! I would watch it again if I had the chance. I hope that there will be an The Avengers 2 soon.

-Dom

No comments:

Post a Comment