Friday, May 25, 2012

Experiencing Pottermore Again

Months and months after I had experienced the Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone on Pottermore the first time, I decided to make a new account and go through it all again. It was just as thrilling as when I had first gotten into beta, except they had made a few minor changes.

They had added sound. The sound made the chapters more exciting and I definitely liked the new addition. However, it seemed a bit loud and I had to turn my volume down. It wasn't much of a problem. Some of the collectible items were no longer available.

I remembered my answers from the first time I had gotten a wand (let it choose me, as it says in the books) during Beta. I answered all of them flawlessly and got the same results as I had gotten the first time. It was still a thrill to take the quiz again.

The Sorting Hat was a different situation. There are several questions, and for each Sorting, the questions are randomized. If your friend took the Sorting, chances are that they will get different questions than you did.

It was still a wonderful experience, as always. This time, I decided to lie and see what would happen (after all, whatever House I got into, the Sorting Hat's decision is final! I'll be a Ravenclaw and always be a Ravenclaw, no matter how many times I got Sorted). I tried to lie and get into Ravenclaw somehow by thinking out the answers until I came to a conclusion.

Once I had gotten through all seven questions, I was Sorted into Slytherin. I started to laugh. From this, I have come to a realization that forcing your answers is useless. They are all psychological questions and most of them are hard to figure out. If you try to get into a certain House, you'll fail because the questions are much more thought out than you think.

I've deleted the account because I have no use for it, but it was fun seeing all the updates and features they had added since Beta. I hope that Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets comes out soon. I still keep Pottermore on my Twitter text list, just in case. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment