Saturday, April 30, 2011

Save the lions!

I was reading through my new April 2011 issue for National Geographic Kids Magazine when I stumbled across page seven. It told me that lions, tigers, leopards, jaguars, and many other different types of cats were disappearing at an alarming rate! I knew I had to do something about it. I decided to help save cats from extinction on causeanuproar.org. I read about how I could help; by spreading the word, expressing it on t-shirts and so on.
I also found one that I did. Anyone can do this with their parents' permission; send a letter to National Geographic on why they should protect the cats (specifically lions) and why they are important to you. You can also send drawings of lions and cats. If you are interested in doing so, go to kids.nationalgeographic.com/letters-big-cats.
I did this by asking my parents, who signed a form you must mail with your letter to National Geographic, wrote my letter (which can be up to two-hundred fifty words maximum), drew a small picture at the bottom, signed it, and put it in an envelope. My dad is going to stamp it and drop it off at the post office sometime later to next week. I am now currently scanning my magazines for other interactive things to help the world, or just for fun!

-Dominique

No comments:

Post a Comment