Friday, April 29, 2011

Rock it acoustic.

So far, the only things of done today that was interesting was take a hot shower, re-paint my nails out of boredom, rock out on my acoustic guitar, and now, blog.
I've been growing more attached to my guitar by the minute. I've learned all the major chords, most of the minor chords, and I'm going to go on to more complicated chords later on. I have no guitar teacher, so I practice songs I like at home and read through a how-to "Ultimate Beginners Guide" by myself. The beginners guide confused me after I reached halfway through.
My brother, who sits at a desk next to mine, gave me a look when I got up and started to rock out to Bad Romance by Lady Gaga--on acoustic guitar. I did the same to Pretty Girl Rock by Keri Hilson, Break Your Heart by Taio Cruz, Party in the USA by Miley Cyrus, Yellow Submarine by the Beatles, and so on, so forth. He finally sang Grenade by Bruno Mars while I played the chords, too, once he gave up on silencing me.
When I first played guitar for a talent show in my grade last year, people gave me looks and gapes as if I had a wart on my face. "You play guitar?" was the top question asked to me throughout the day.
At one point of the summer last year, my guitar's strings screwed up and sounded like a dying walrus. I had to live without it for quite a while until my cousins came this month and fixed it. I couldn't thank them enough.
Once the guitar was fixed, I began playing it daily like I did before. The reason why I'm so attached to this guitar is because I practically got on my knees to beg and plead to my parents every other day, no matter what day it was, for a guitar. Once I got one last June, I couldn't stop playing it. It was surprisingly fun, entertaining, kills time, and my dream since I was like, what? 5?
I'm planning to finally post a decent cover to my family's YouTube channel of me playing guitar, probably to Bad Romance, as I can't get the song out of my head at the time and it was the most fun to play so far.

Two more months until the release of House of Anubis Season 2. :)

-Dominique

No comments:

Post a Comment