Wednesday, March 30, 2011

States and sickness, pretty much.

Unfortunately, I became sick with a runny nose, sore throat, violent cough, and headache. I'm stuck sitting at home listening to my brother sing Big Time Rush while I blog alone while drinking lemon-lime Gatorade. I would play guitar, but the strings screwed up somehow and now sound like dying walruses when I strum. I would Skype call or chat with a friend, but they're all at school. I would play with my brother, but..it doesn't come out pretty.
I'm sitting at my desk in the basement. It is very cold downstairs on a day like this, so I'm wearing my fuzzy Eskimo winter coat from Old Navy. I'm surprisingly growing closer to this jacket. It's so comfy.
I might as well talk about yesterday for me. I had a "State Show" at school, which is something the fifth graders at my current school do every year. We all get an assigned state, in which mine being Colorado. We gather up in groups of regions (In my case being the Mountain West) and create skits for the show, region boards, commercials, programs, and other pretty fun stuff. We had two shows; the afternoon show at 1:30 in front of the school, and the "easy show" at 6:00 in front of our parents and other relatives.
We decorated and set up the gym for the show and practiced. Afterward, my teachers announced what drawings were going to be put into the programs (we all had to draw a program cover as a part of our grade). I was surprised when they called out my name, because I personally thought mine was horrible. It came out pretty well anyway.
The afternoon show was shorter than I thought it would be. We were all so nervous and worried we would mess up, but it was perfected and we didn't miss a single word. The easy show was even easier. Our parents laughed whenever something funny in our skits would show (even though we weren't aiming to be funny. "Shop in Delaware, it has no sales tax!" How exactly is that funny?). We had to bring in food relating to our state, and we sampled food for about an hour before the show and guests during. I ate crab cakes, Milky Ways, yellow bell peppers with ranch dip (I brought it in anyway), pineapples, hush puppies, potato chips, biscuits, cheesecake cupcakes, salt water taffy, you get the point. Yesterday was pretty awesome.
Why couldn't it be awesome now? I'm stuck sick in my cold basement with nothing to do..

-Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment