Thursday, March 24, 2011

Hello, Hong Kong!

Today, I skyped with my good friend, Emerie. She had left to live in Hong Kong because her dad had gotten a better job there. My heart practically leaped into my throat when I saw the familiar Skype notification appear on my laptop screen. "Emerie is online!"
The first thing I did, of course, was chat with her. The first thing I said was extremely typical. "EMERIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
 She immediately replied back. "Hey, are you free to skype?" Of course, I said yes. We greeted each other, smiling widely and asked simple questions. How is school? How is the state show? What is it like in Hong Kong? What time is it there?
Soon, she had to leave to go to school. I nodded and smiled, waving my hand slightly. "Goodbye!" We both said in unison and she signed off of Skype.
I remind myself of the time I went to Forty Winks with the Sphinx, a sleepover at the Penn Museum. We went with other friends (Thea, Elena, Isabella) and bonded with one another. Landmark trivia first thing, museum exploration, scavenger hunt, night expedition, sleeping by the sphinx, and a light breakfast. We were the two tiniest in the car, so we had to share a seatbelt on the way there, plus, we were the only two girls who didn't have their mom come with them.
Now, I have four pen pals. Isabel, Emilia, Valeria, all from Chile, and Emerie. Former American citizen and classmate. Occupation? Hong Kong.

-Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment