Friday, March 18, 2011

Track and Field for the second time.

Today, at school (of course), I had my second track-and-field practice. My music teacher coaches us, and trust me; I've seen him every day wearing a tuxedo around the school. It is your worst nightmare to see him in gym shorts and a blue t-shirt.
First, we ran a lap around the school (half a mile), then stretched in the parking lot. He is very strict (with a surprising twist of humor). Never, ever, ever in your life, go past the limit for jumping jacks. If we did twenty-five jumping jacks one day, and someone went to twenty-six or stepped out of place, he would make the whole team do 5-20 more jumping jacks, depending on how many times it happens.
Afterward, the track team jogged to Immaculata's quad center. Four times, four times, we had to run up and down the long, bumpy pavement that led uphill. Four times. Then, we jogged back to the school parking lot, did another stretch, and then were dismissed. My best friend Thea and I went to Rita's together afterward, and found three other girls from the same school of ours, either coming from track to cool off or out of the blue.

As Thea says. Track is a love-hate relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment