Saturday, March 19, 2011

Mother-Daughter Mass and Communion Breakfast, Pt 1

Last month, my mom and I signed up for a mother-daughter mass and communion breakfast at school.

Tomorrow is the day.

This morning, during breakfast, my mom and dad were discussing if we should go to mass later today. Dad said no, because we would have it tomorrow, together. They decided we would split up; Mom and I would go earlier in the morning, while Dad and the others go an hour later at our parish instead of our school. It'll be our first and last. I was moving to a new school next year, and I was extremely happy about it, even if that meant not going the next year.

Of course, I have to get dressed up, so my mom had me try on a ruffled, silk shirt, with a short sleeved black jacket attached to the front. She also had me try on short, black leggings. I was partially sensible about this because of the cold. Though, it was mass. Luckily, my mom had three jackets I could try on to match my outfit.
I tried on a long, gray jacket over my clothes. It was nice and cozy, though it clashed with my clothes. I told my mom I'd like something black better with my clothes. She trotted down the stairs and scooped up my black Gap jacket and her own, thicker one. I tried on my jacket, but it was too thick. "The gray one could work," I agreed and then I changed back into my white field-day shirt from 2006 (which I can't believe still fits me. I got it in the first grade) and my blue shorts.

Later on, we tried to decide on what shoes I wore. I recently bought new shoes from DSW, which have gotten to be one of my favorites. Another was one my grandmother had given me; I wore it for my younger sister Alexis's first penance. It was a slip on with that hole in the front that your two front toes stick out of. I was shivering with it on, so we said whichever was better in the weather.

So tomorrow, I'm going to wake up at 9:30, drive off with my mom to my school on a Sunday, walk in wearing something I'd never get to wear to school (considering I wear a uniform), listen to Mass, eat breakfast, and bond especially.

It'll be our first. I'm looking forward to it.

-Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment