Saturday, March 19, 2011

Internet obsessions and pet persuasions.

Practically all of today, my siblings Alexis, Nicholas and I were playing the computer. My brother played a building game called ROBLOX. My sister was playing and still playing Club Penguin, and I blogged and played Animal Jam all day. Soon I got bored and tried to persuade my parents into letting us outside, but my mom wanted to rest and my dad was working, so no one could watch us and I was stuck inside with the computer all day.
Now-a-days, everyone seems to be on the internet 24/7. I don't even know, after five years of living where I live now, three of our neighbors. Though at least five of them go outside every day.
I have a whole bookshelf of books here in my room, but I'm not in the mood to read; I read for hours on weekdays. I would re-read the Harry Potter series again, but not even Harry Potter can entertain me right now. That is a very, very bad thing if Harry Potter can't do anything to adjust my mood.

If I had a pet, I'd be entertained 24/7. And I don't mean a fish, like the one we have in our living room. I mean a dog, or cat, or even just a guinea pig can entertain me. Though my parents don't think I'm responsible enough, I try negotiating with them to get us a dog or a cat whenever I get a hold of them. My best friend Thea, who can't get a pet either, at least got to cat-sit for half the year. That's six months of petting, grooming, feeding, and playing with cats. I can't even feed my fish anymore ever since my parents decided to get an automatic fish-feeder. I don't even get the point of that, because I fed the fish every day since my brother first (luckily) won it two years ago at the Kimberton Fair. And by luckily, I mean luckily. He was two. Two.
No one is online to roleplay, and no one is on Skype to skype. I must somehow prove that I can take care of at least a guinea pig.

And, before I end this blog post, I wanted to let everyone know; ROBLOX is a building game somewhat like Blockland or Minecraft, and Animal Jam is a game from National Geographic Kids that is somehow extremely fun, though educational. I don't even realize I'm learning anything from playing it for five minutes.

-Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment