Sunday, March 20, 2011

Mother-Daughter Mass and Communion Breakfast, Pt 2

I woke up at 8:50AM this morning, scrambling to dress up, brush my teeth, get my shoes on, find my gray Gap jacket, and then finally getting in the car with my mom. We drove off to my school and entered the chapel.
My friend Shannon handed us a program and we walked toward an empty pew. As we listened to the Call of Worship, Thea appeared in the corner of the room and waved, walking to our pew to join us.

Halfway through the mass, I needed to pee. Badly. I whispered it over to Thea and she almost laughed out loud. Then, during the gospel reading, Thea heard the words "kitten" and "killer" and started to glare at the front of the chapel where the gospel was spoken. Her mother laughed and I stifled a giggle.
Afterward, we ate breakfast. We met up with my friends Elena and Katie. Walking over to the buffet, I got a cream cheese bagel, crunchy bacon, scrambled eggs, fruit slices, and a hash brown. We ate and talked, and later on, Sister Danielle talked to us about mother-daughter relationships, and how they relate to God. (See what I did there?)

Once we were finished, we grabbed our things and left, saying our final goodbyes for the day.

That was my first I've ever bond with my mom like that.

-Zoe

No comments:

Post a Comment