Sunday, December 23, 2012

Christmas Break and Shenanigans

Hello. Oh, you're confused as to why I'm posting so often, right? Because I post so seldom nowadays that it's barely sufficient? That's okay. It's okay to be confused. But I decided that I should start posting more often on my blog. You know why? Because it's Christmas break.

Christmas break is always filled with shenanigans and sunny days and stories that create memories that last lifetimes. I've own a strange supply of memories from past Christmas breaks - visiting the family in the Philippines, hugging a fluffy Pillow Pet, admiring mounds of books, taking pictures after pictures after pictures, and finally - the annual New Year's gathering.

Every single year, my family friends and I gather at my uncle's house for a New Year's party. We arrive at around three in the afternoon and do the funniest things until midnight. We bring our laptops and phones and phone chargers and board games and X-box games and all kinds of things. Right before midnight, we gather in the living room and turn on the TV. We always, always, always watch the ball drop.

And then we usually head right back to what we were doing and stay until three in the morning.

Other than the annual New Years gathering, I plan on write a whole lot. I may re-write Count the Stars, which was my first ever NaNoWriMo novel for any writing event I've ever done for the Office of Letters and Light. I will be writing blog posts and fan-fictions and other works like that.

And I also plan on catching up on Doctor Who and BBC Sherlock. Because why not? It's completely elementary. It's fantastic. ;)

I hope to read lots over Christmas break and, perhaps, start a new book series. I have many books in my personal library that I haven't finished and/or started yet, and I want to get on that as quickly as possible. I also set a personal goal on Goodreads to finish fifty books by the end of the year. I'm about five books from reaching that goal. Yay!

I've also been cutting down my laptop time because my eyes hurt. They really hurt. But Tumblr and Pinterest and HEXrpg and YouTube and Minecraft and Don't Starve and dksfhadjkfhs. They're waiting for me! I can't let them down now!

But to sum everything up, expect 11x more blog posts than I've ever posted before. Which means you'll probably be getting a ton of blog posts thrown at your face every few days or so. Prepare for battle, everyone. The words will ambush, any day, any time, any hour...as long as I'm not up to any other shenanigan.

-Dominique

No comments:

Post a Comment