Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 Reaction

From this (age 4)

I watched Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 on July 19th last month and never got to write about it until today because I was busy trying to find the picture I took after we finished watching. Now that I've found it, I'm going to post about my reaction.

***SPOILERS***

This movie was incredibly powerful to me, because I've been watching the movies since I was around two years old, read the books at age eight as well as throwing a movie premiere party each year starting then with my friends (see picture below), and I was devastated when the movie had ended.

I did have lots of fun though. The movie was great, especially with that touch of comedy. I couldn't help but weep during The Prince's Tale (title of the chapter with Snape's memories of Lily and such) and when Snape had been attacked by Nagini and slowly faded towards death. Let's take all of the awards and give them to Alan Rickman and re-name the Oscars the Alans. His acting was truly, truly astonishing! Benedict Clarke was great as well! "She's jealous. Because she's normal, and you're special." He portrayed young Severus so well.

Fred's death. That was perfect. It was short and devastating. I do wish it went as it did in the book for that, too, though. Lupin and Tonks' death, too, was short and sad as well.
to this (age 11)
My friends couldn't help but woo over the Ron and Hermione kiss, as well as the Ginny and Harry one. It was sweet. Sort of a "love-of-your-life" kind of moment, because it's a dark time and you know that you're probably going to die by the end of the day. I do wish they used the script directly from the book for Ron and Hermione's kiss, though, because that was sweet and humorous. 

Evanna Lynch is an amazing actress. I loved the lines "Harry Potter, you listen to me right now!" and "I'm going to go have some pudding." Luna Lovegood had such a minor part in part two. I would have liked to have seen more of her, but her appearances in the movie were perfect. I also liked the chemistry between Neville and Luna. Though Neville ends up marrying Hannah Abbott and Luna to Rolf Scamander in the books, I still ship Neville and Luna together.

When Harry is with Dumbledore, that was innocent and pure. Honestly, I couldn't have imagined it better. "Of course it's in your head, Harry, but it doesn't mean it can't be real." 

When Harry woke up, Narcissa Malfoy's dialogue was wonderful! My friends and I were saying, "Go Mrs. Malfoy!" Some people don't seem to understand or realize that she's only evil because of her husband, Lucius, whom she stands by no matter what the consequence. She's a Death Eater because he's a Death Eater. 

Neville's speech was amazing. Amazing. He started winning five points for Gryffindor because he stood up to his friends to slicing a snake's head clean off its neck. 

I couldn't stop smiling when Harry jumped up to defend Neville and everyone else at Hogwarts once Draco crossed sides (I feel bad for him, I hate when people think of him as a "bad guy"! It's like, he's not! Get your facts straight!) to join his parents.

The epilogue. Bawled. Straight-out bawled. Also, Albus Severus, I DON'T RECALL FERRETS BEING ON THE LIST OF PETS AT HOGWARTS, THANK YOU VERY MUCH. The ending was beautiful none-the-less. The kids in the compartment, like a next-generation trio. 

We were weeping when we left the theater. We took a few pictures (my favorite one listed above) and headed home. I was very depressed, but hey! My Pottermore welcome e-mail is coming soon. It's taken quite a while, so I suspect Errol is behind it. ;)

-Dominique

No comments:

Post a Comment