Saturday, August 27, 2011

Photography at the Philadephia Zoo

Yesterday, I went to the Philadelphia Zoo with my family and a few friends. It was a long drive, but we got there. It was great fun!

The first thing we had done when we arrived was get on the zoo's Channel 6 Zooballoon. The wait was around 50 minutes due to the long line, but it was completely worth the wait. The air balloon brought us up 400 feet in the air. I was able to see the Comcast building and the rest of the zoo from high up, as well as snap a photo...or five. My dad was also able to take a picture of the balloon going up before we entered the line.

Before the ride.


What we could see from the balloon!

My brother, sister and I in the balloon. Don't mind my lack of hair; it was hot in the line and I pulled it up in my cap.


Next, we saw many types of animals; reptiles, amphibians, mammals. Everything you can imagine! I went horse-back riding and had a photo-taking spree as well.

My brother and I on a horse. This photo wasn't taken by me, but by my dad.


I was able to see a cheetah up close, and even take a picture! It was tamed and roaming around its zoo habitat. I found it to be very exciting, because I've read about them in magazines and books.

I was able to snap the picture just as it was raising its paw!
I took a picture of something not as exciting, but much cuter and adorable! They had a small rabbit exhibit set up that I couldn't help but woo over. :)

A rabbit eating its food.
A group of rabbits sleeping together. Awwww!




There is one picture I can't help but post. In Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, we read and watch a green python escape from Harry and Dudley's local zoo. In the reptiles and amphibians exhibit, I was able to take a picture (not too sharp, but pretty decent nonetheless) of the same species of snake curled around a branch!



After going sight-seeing, we took our last stop as the gift shop, where I bought a post card for 69 cents. Just if you wanted to know.

-Dominique

No comments:

Post a Comment