Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Waiting for Pottermore

If you don't know, Pottermore is a site that was announced on June 23 this year at around 6am that J.K. Rowling released where you can have your own virtual experience in Hogwarts. You find different pieces of information that weren't in the Harry Potter books that J.K. had been hoarding for quite a few years. That day it was also announced you could learn how to preregister on July 31. On July 31, it was released that you were to hunt for a Magical Quill, which you can learn about here. To find the Magical Quill, this whole week (beginning July 31 and ending August 6) there will be clues that will show up on the front page of Pottermore that will guide you to the Magical Quill once you answer it. On Day 1, the clue will be about the first book. Day 2 will be about the second book. Day 3 will be about the third book, so on and so forth. Clues one to three are the hardest ones and day four to seven are easier. The clues in my time-zone (EST) were released, the first being 4am and second being 5am.

The first two days, I completely missed it due to sleeping in or my alarm not waking me up. Today for the third clue, I managed to get to it. The clue was released at 6am. The clue was "In the Gryffindor versus Slytherin Quidditch match, in Harry's third year, how many points was Gryffindor leading by before Harry catches the Golden Snitch? Multiply this number by 35." The answer I had resolved was 2,100, which was correct. The answer led me to an archive about the release of Pottermore. Soon I noticed the ad to the right side-bar of the archive wasn't just a plain Google ad; it was an ad that led me to the Magical Quill! I was told to "levitate" the Quill by moving my cursor rapidly underneath it, which I did and found the Quill easily. I registered. I also repeated the process and created an account for my sister, Alexis, who had went to bed.

Once I finished, I verified my Pottermore account and logged in. I noticed a note in the middle of the page. It had told me that I gained early access! I'm so excited for it. I'm nervous for the Sorting, though, because I've always been considered a Gryffindor or a Ravenclaw (Ravenclaw, mostly; I want to get into it more). I don't mind Hufflepuff, though, because I've been called it once, but if I get into Slytherin, I'll be most surprised.

My Pottermore username is CharmWillow118 if you were wondering. Sorry for the lack of blog posts, I've been quite addicted to a different site called Tumblr, which I find quite fun and interesting. If I'm not blogging here, I'm usually found there. Click here for my profile. I have posted a few screen caps from when I registered on Pottermore there, as well as photography and other funny things usually Potter-related.

No comments:

Post a Comment