Saturday, June 18, 2011

A daddy-daughter date.

It was incredibly fun. I had a daddy-daughter date with, obviously, my dad, because a special Father's Day event held by my school every year for my specific grade was unfortunately canceled. I'm glad it was, though, because it was a blast to play with my dad today! I went out with my dad today at 6:40AM to the local basketball court. We shot some hoops; he started by throwing a few jump shots and then handed the basketball to me. I threw ten hoops and then handed back the ball to him, in which he did the same as me. I did ten hoops one more time until we decided to play "H.O.R.S.E." Dad explained how to play; one person chooses where they'd like to shoot the ball and then shoot. If they make the shot, hooray for them! However (Heheh.), if they don't make the shot, they hand the ball to the other opponent and if that person makes the shot in the same spot in which the other was standing (Though, my dad is much, much taller than me, was I was permitted to change the place I shot the ball to about two feet ahead of the original spot. I love being short), the person who doesn't make the shot gains a letter in "Horse". Whoever spells "horse" out first loses. I ended up winning the game I'm beginning to think either; I'm better than my dad at basketball, or he let me win.
Next, we went for a walk in the Valley Creek Trail. Most of the time we were doing so, we were talking about Harry Potter and that new mysterious Pottermore website that everyone has been talking about that was released by the one and only J.K. Rowling. I've heard rumors that there will be an eighth book continuing the Harry Potter legend, though J.K. Rowling and her lawyer have denied it on various articles. I can't wait until "J.K. Rowling announces"! Four more days. FOUR MORE DAYS! I CAN'T WAIT MUCH LONGER! :(
Afterward, we went to Bob Evans to eat (I got strawberry crepes. Yum!) and then browsed the mall. Later, we went to Staples and McDonald's to get my mom, brother and sister some food.

No comments:

Post a Comment