Thursday, June 2, 2011

I JUST FINISHED MOCKINGJAY!

Spoiler Warning: This blog post contains book spoilers of each Hunger Games book. If you haven't read the books, it is not recommended that you read this post.

I just finished reading Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, and I have many mixed feelings; sadness, happiness, joy, woo, and angriness.
When Finnick danced in his underwear..self explanatory. My sister looked at me like I was loony. (Is it not normal for a ten-year-old girl to giggle uncontrollably and roll around the floor of her living room?)
Finnick's death was short. I wanted to scream so loud until my lungs burst into flames, but I was in my parents' room and my dad was sleeping.
When Peeta came back to District 13, my heart jumped into my throat and I was practically dancing in my car.
When Gale was arrested and mouthed "Shoot me", I buried my face in the book. Another self explanatory thing.
I absolutely adored the bond between Katniss and Haymitch; a love-hate relationship, that is. When Katniss was dazed over Prim and Haymitch teased her, my heart died a little. "Okay, not funny" made me smile.
When Katniss agreed to a final Hunger Games, I wanted to scream her out. IS IT NOT ENOUGH THAT PRIM AND RUE DIED? She's already been in two Games, one in Catching Fire too! Then I realized that it was DEDICATED to Prim. Oops.
I felt sympathy and miserableness when I had read about Prim's death. Unfortunately, earlier that day someone posted a spoiler about it, yet I didn't think it would be this affective. I felt this horrible cringe in my stomach and my eyes began to water. I personally like Rue better, yet how Katniss reacted to it made it so saddening.
When Peeta visited Katniss in Victor's Village, I wooed over the bond. I'm a personal Peeta fan over Gale, though Gale is very sweet too. When he held up the primrose and Katniss wanted to yell him out until she realized what kind of rose it was, and once she realized, I was full of woo and agony.
When I read the epilogue, I wooed at maximum. Woo woo woo woo. I sang along to the lullaby at the end (in fact, I'm listening to mockingjaynet's version of it now).

Then I closed the book.
There are much worse games to play. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment